Submit a Support Ticket
Admin > Taxes
Taxes section allows Administrators to add and manage Tax Classes. Tax Classes are used to group Products with one or more Tax Rules. Multiple Products can be associated with a Tax Class.
Taxes in Multifront consist of only one Tax Type: Sales Tax. However, this one provider can be used to set up and configure Sales Taxes for all countries, each with potentially different Tax Rates. Not to mention you can create different Tax Classes that use different Rules based on things like Product Types and Categories
- Example: You serve many customers in Japan and need to account for their consumption tax. You can create your own tax provider, named something like "JapanConsumptionTax", which performs the calculations necessary for all your Japanese customers.
Tax Class Details
|Tax Class Name||Internal name for Tax Class.|
|Display Order||Weight added to display results. A low Display Order number will appear higher up within your search results than a high Display Order number|
|Activate box||Indicates if Tax Class is Active be default|
Add Tax Class
Admin > Taxes > "Add New" button
- Add Tax Class Details
- Save progress with the "Save" button. The page will reload with action confirmation. Two additional tabs appear; Manage Taxes and Associated Products.
- Tax Rules can be associated with the Tax Class on the Manage Taxes tab. Products can be associated with the Tax Class on the Associated Products tab.
Associate Products to Tax Class
Admin > Taxes > "Edit" button > Associated Products tab > "Associate Products" button
- Select Product(s) to Associate to Tax Class
- Save progress with the "Save" button. Page will display a confirmation message.
- Product is now Associated to Tax Class.
Tax Rule Details
Specify Destination and one or more tax rates below based on your regional requirements.
|Tax Type||By default only one Tax Rule Type, "Sales' tax", is displayed.|
|Destination Country||Select a county from the drop-down list.|
|Destination State||Select a state from the drop-down list.|
|Zip Code||Optional; Specify destination Zip Code.|
|Sales Tax||Enter a Sales Tax|
|VAT Tax||Enter a Vat Tax|
|GST Tax||Enter a GST Tax|
|PST Tax||Enter a PST Tax|
|HST Tax||Enter a HST Tax|
|Precedence||Enter a number. This is the order in which this tax rule will be processed.|
Add Tax Rule
Admin > Taxes > "Edit" action > "Add New" button
- Add Tax Rule Details
- Save progress using the "Save" button. Page will reload confirming your action.
- New Tax Rule is now added.
Admin > Taxes > "Edit" action
- Edit Tax
- Save progress using the "Save" action. Page will reload with action confirmation.
- Existing Tax is now edited.
Admin > Taxes > "Delete" action
- Page will reload with action confirmation.
- Tax is now deleted.