Multifront 9 Store Setup
Submit a Support Ticket
The purpose of this page is to show Administrators how to completely set up a Store in Multifront in the most optimal path.
Step 0: Before Creating a Store
Some of what goes in your Store can be created before your Store is exists. So, we'll start here.
- Customize a Theme to create a unique front-end.
- Create the Products for your Store
- Create your Categories. Next, associate Products with a Category.
- Create a Catalog. Then, Associate Categories with the Catalog.
Note: Some of what goes in your Store can only be created after your Store exists. The list on Step 1¾ has the rest of what you'll need to finish a Store.
Step 1: Create a Store
Stores & Reps > Stores > "Add New" button
First, add the General Store Details. Then, use the "Save" button. The page will reload with action confirmation.
Administrators can setup additional Store settings from their Stores tab menus. The Store is created but still incomplete. Before we start setting up, we're going leave the "Stores" sections to create some additional assets.
Create a Store To-Do List:
After adding Store Details, use "Save and Close" instead of "Save".
Step 1¾: Create Before Next Steps:
This is an "in-between" step. Some of the things we use to build a Store can only be made after the Store has been created. Here's a list:
- Create User Profiles
- Create Price Lists
- Create Warehouse and Associate Inventory
- Create Shipping Method
- Create Payment Method
Step 2: Setup a Store
Stores & Reps > Stores > "Manage" action
Administrators would need to navigate through the Store tab menus for each "To-Do" list item.
Store Setup To-Do List:
- URL Tab - Associate a Domain with the Store
- Profiles Tab - Associate unassigned User Profiles with the Store
- Price List Tab - Associate a Price List with the Store
- Inventory Tab - Associate a Warehouse with a Store
- Shipping Method - Associate a Shipping Method with a Store
- Payment Method - Associate a Payment Method with a Store
Step 3: Configure Display Settings
Stores & Reps> Stores > "Display Settings" action
Administrators configure general, store-specific visual settings (such as a Store's Favicon, Website Logo, Website title, etc.) and Widgets.
What are Widgets? Widgets are reusable blocks of code that can be modified without the help of a developer to serve various functions. A "Configure" button will indicate which widgets are configurable. If a Widget does not have a "Configure" button, it is not configurable.
- Example: Advertisement Banner widget can be used/reused to display a "Deal of the Day" or "Black Friday" sales from a Stores homepage.
Display Settings To-Do List
Administrators would need to navigate through the Display Settings tab menus for each "To-Do" list item.
Before getting started and based on your requirements, you may need to create these items to configure widgets:
|Website Logo||Select Website Logo and Favicon images. Enter details for Website Title|
|Layout||Add Meta description for Meta Tags Widget|
|Footer Section||Add details for Social Media, Help Section, Store Info, and Payment Gateway Widgets.|
|Display Setting||Select a Default Image. If required, add details for Auto Image Resize Settings.|
|Product Page||Select PDP template for each Product Type. By default, Administrators can choose "Big", "Medium", and "Small".|
Stores & Reps > Stores > "Preview" action
Administrators can preview a Webstore before publishing by using the "Preview" action. The Preview link is only to launch a Webstore from the Site Admin. Non-published changes will not be seen using Preview.
- At minimum, a URL must be assigned to a Store before the "Preview" action can be used.
- Once all Store Setup is done and a Store is Published, the Administrator can launch a Webstore using the Preview link.
Step 4: Publish Stores
Stores & Reps > Stores > "Publish" action
"Publish" initiates an update to the application server with Store, Product, or Catalog information so it can be displayed on the front-end of webstore. Anytime an Administrator makes a change to a Store, Product, or Catalog, Customers will not see these changes unless the Publish action is used or scheduled indexing occurs.
Note: A Store must be published before Store Setup is complete.