Submit a Support Ticket
- 1 Catalogs
- 2 Add Catalog
- 3 Publish Catalog
- 4 Edit Catalog
- 5 Manage Catalog
- 6 Related Links
PIM > Catalogs
In the context of Multifront as a whole, Catalogs are important:
- At the Store level - Stores must have a catalog associated to them.
- At the Catalog level - Catalogs can be copied to quickstart a store. Clones inherit their Products, not Categories.
- At the Category level - Categories are associated to a Catalog and structured within.
- At the Product level - Products must be featured in a Catalog before they will appear in a webstore.
PIM > Catalogs > "Add New" button
- Add the Catalog Name and "Save". The page will reload with action confirmation and advance to the "Manage Catalog" screen.
- Once a Catalog has been created, Administrators will need to use the "Associate Categories" button to associate an existing Category with the Catalog.
- Products should be added to the Category before associating the Category with a Catalog.
- Administrators can create a new Category directly from the Catalog landing page using the "Add New Category" button.
- Select the Categories to associate with the Catalog
- Note: The Copy Catalog feature copies an existing catalog. Cloned Catalogs do not pass Product or Category information.
PIM > Catalogs > "Publish" Action
Before Products in Catalog can be seen in your Webstores Catalog, the Catalog must first be published. The 'Publish" Action starts the publishing process, which usually takes about 15 seconds. You can check the status of the publishing process by using the "View" action.
- After a Catalog has been published, it can be associated to any store.
- While a Catalog is publishing, edits to Catalogs, Categories, and Products will be restricted
PIM > Catalogs > "Edit" action
Admin users can update the catalog name or can enable the index-based settings from here.
Upadting catalog name
To update the catalog name admin user can perform the below steps
- Edit catalog name
- Click on save
- Catalog name is updated now
In Znode, the price of products displayed on the web-store depends on various aspects (like store-based pricelist, profile-based pricelist, account-based pricelist, etc). Therefore the price of products displayed is different when different groups of customers log in to the web store. Also, the SEO information and image of products displayed on the web-store depends on the settings saved for the respective store.
When web store application fetches the image, price and SEO details taking various aspects into consideration, the loading time of the product listing page increases. Therefore, admin users can enable the index settings which will allow only the product listing page to display the image, pricing and SEO details of products saved for the selected store.
- This is an optional feature
- It is recommended to use this setting when there is just one to one relation between catalog and store.
Enabling Index Settings
To enable the index setting admin user can perform the below steps
- Enable Display Pricing And SEO Details Of Products From Index
- Select Store.
- Click Save
- Publish the catalog
Disabling Index Settings
To disable the index setting admin user can perform the below steps
- Disable Display Pricing And SEO Details Of Products From Index
- Click Save
- Publish the catalog
Admin users can manage the categories and products (associated with the categories) associated with the catalog from this section.
Admin users can associate/unassociate categories within other categories or directly within the catalogs from this sections. They can also manage the sequence of the categories and the subcategories using right-click and drag and drop operations.
Right click operations
Admin user can perform the following actions on right clicking on any categories
- Edit - If an admin user clicks on the edit the respective catgory gets selected and the products from that category appear in the product listing area of the manage catalog section.
- Unassociate - If an admin user clicks on unassociate option then the category gets removed from the catalog.
- Up - If an admin user clicks on up option then the category sequence changes. (e.g. There are 3 categories in the following hierarchy A,B,C and if user moves B using Up option then the sequence becomes B, A, C).
- Down - If an admin user clicks on down option then the category sequence changes. (e.g. There are 3 categories in the following hierarchy A,B,C and if user moves B using down option then the sequence becomes A,C, B).
- Publish - If an admin user clicks on Publish then the specific category gets published. Note that only the category settings will get published and not the products associated with the categories.
Drag and Drop operations
Dragged and drop is used to
- Move a parent category under any category (or subcategory)
- Move any category (or subcategory) under any other category (or subcategory)
Admin users can associate/unassociate products to/from any category (or subcategory) from the manage catalog section. Products available in any category can be seen by selecting the respective categories.
Note - By default the product list only shows the active products. If admin users want to see active and inactive products then they can uncheck the "Show Active Products"