Setup Document For Insertion Of Logs
How to setup real-time log insertion in Znode?
- Uncomment appropriate appender-ref in Log4Net.config file under <root> tag
- Comment appender-ref of BufferingForwardingAppender in Log4Net.config file under <root> tag
For Ex :- uncomment <appender-ref ref="MongoDBAppender"/> under <root> tag in log4net.config and comment out <appender-ref ref="BufferingForwardingAppender"/> line under <root> to perform real time logging in mongo
Batch logging setup
How to setup log insertion in batches in Znode?
- Uncomment appender-ref of BufferingForwardingAppender in Log4Net.config file under <root> tag.
- Add appropriate appender-ref in the “BufferingForwardingAppender” appender tag and set bufferSize. Multiple appender-ref can be added in “BufferingForwardingAppender”.
For Ex :- uncomment <appender-ref ref="BufferingForwardingAppender"/> and comment <appender-ref ref="MongoDBAppender"/> lines under <root> tag. Add <appender-ref ref='MongoDBAppender'/> line in appender named as “BufferingForwardingAppender” and set buffer size. These steps will perform batch logging in mongodb as MongoDBAppender mentioned in appender.
Important to note:
- Logs might insert after buffer size reach of API, Admin and Webstore respectively.
- To check real-time issues user can set real-time logging.
- Users can set all Trace Levels to reach buffer size quickly.
Note: Developers can set multiple appenders to perform batch logging.
- Users cannot see logs after the log statement is executed if batch logging is enabled.
- All logs in memory will be lost If the application pool is restarted and the user will not find any logs which will be inserted after buffer size reached.
- Users can see logs only after log buffer size reaches out.
1. A developer can set real-time logging and batch logging at a time.
2. A developer can add multiple appender-ref to log in batch in the appender tag.