Znode 9 Developer Quickstart Guide
So many things to
break play with and so little time. It's unfair, really. But fear not, brave Developer. The good news is we've put together a handy-dandy Developer Quickstart Guide to get you up and running.
Step 1: Install the .exe
After you purchase Znode, you will be able to download an installation .exe.
- Use the .exe to install the Storefront on your local development machine.
- Follow the Znode 9 Installation Guide carefully. You can now open the Znode Solution file using Visual Studio 2015.
- Compile the solution and run it to ensure the Storefront comes up without any errors.
Step 2: Basic Site Admin Settings
The Storefront will work with a basic installation, however, setting the following parameters for your Store(s) using the Store Management page will ensure that all features of your Storefront operate as expected.
|URL||Enter the URL that you will be using to access the Store(s). Note that the "www" and port number of URLs are ignored.|
|Profiles||A Store must have at least one Default Profile and one Anonymous Profile.|
|Admin, Sales, and Customer Support Email Addresses||Use an email address where you will be able to receive the messages in your inbox. In this way, you will be able to see orders and customer requests as they come in.|
|SMTP Mail Server Settings||This setting is required for any email (orders or customer requests) to be sent out from the system.|
|UPS/FedEx Settings|| If you intend to use the UPS Shipping Option you will first need an account. If you do not have an account leave these settings blank and use a Custom Shipping Options instead. In addition, you should make sure that you have the following set:
Publish the Store and Catalog to display data to Webstore. While publishing the Catalog, the Search Index will be created for all associated Stores.
Note: If an error Index name already exists occurs, you will need to manually create the index with proper index name.
Step 3: View of the Visual Studio Solution
Step 4: Before Creating a Production Catalog
Before loading your Catalog data, you should delete the existing demo Catalog data as follows:
- Log into the Site Admin.
- On the top menu dashboard, click PIM > Catalogs. The Catalogs page is displayed listing the available Catalogs available with the Store(s).
- Click "Delete" on the Catalog you want to delete.
- The Catalogs page is displayed with the deleted Catalog removed from the list.
- You will not be allowed to delete the Catalog if it has associations to Departments. Delete these associations first and then delete the Catalog.
- You will not be allowed to delete the Catalog if you are logged into a Store URL that is associated with it.